Insinkerator Waste Disposal Model 46AS
£121.70 (Inc. VAT)
This model of the InSinkErator Kitchen Waste Disposal Unit Model 46 includes an air switch. An air switch is for when you want to use something other than a wall switch. It simply mounts onto your kitchen sink and the installation process to do this couldn’t be easier.
What is a waste disposal unit for?
A kitchen waste disposal unit is a handy gadget that can easily fit underneath your kitchen sink. Its main purpose is to help you dispose of kitchen waste that can’t be recycled. This includes things like chicken bones and bread crusts, the likes of which must be put into your kitchen bin. This leads to more trips to empty the bin into your outside bin, which creates more waste that will end up in a landfill. Using a waste disposal unit will cut the amount of waste you produce, freeing up your bin and sending less to the landfill, which is all good from an environmental standpoint.
A waste disposal unit works by grinding down the waste you insert into fine particles. Once all the waste is dealt with, these particles will be disposed of down your kitchen drain. It’s convenient and hygienic solution to waste disposal.
- An easy method for disposing of kitchen waste that can’t be recycled.
- Grinds down the waste into fine particles that are then quickly disposed of down the drain.
- Simple to use and easy to keep clean and hygienic.
- Reduces waste produced in your kitchen and waste sent to a landfill.
- Its compact size makes it easy to slot under your kitchen sink and it won’t take up much storage space.
- A great way to help out the environment and reduce your waste footprint.
- Includes a 2-year manufacturer guarantee for peace of mind.
- Uses 1-stage grind technology.
- A high-torque Dura-Drive® induction motor to provide a powerful grind.
- Continuous feed operation with a standard grind chamber.
- Includes an air switch for on-sink installation.
- Fast and simple installation with a Quick Lock® mounting assembly.
- Overload protection.
Key technical information:
- Single phase motor.
- Intermittent time rating.
- The upper and lower bearings are permanently lubricated.
- Approximate shipping weight: 7.7kg.
- Overall height: 318mm.
- Capacity of grind chamber: 980ml.
- Average water usage: Approximately 4.0 litres per person per day.
- Drain connection: 1-1/2” (38.1mm).
- Includes a dishwasher drain connection.
Insinkerator Waste Disposal Model 46AS Video
£121.70 (Inc. VAT)
This is the third Insinkerator I have purchased since 1999, they do the job they are supposed to and are a handy addition to the kitchen. This was a replacement for one which had been in place for about 10 years and had developed a leak in the casing at the bottom - mechanically it was still working fine. I should have purchased the model without the air switch this time, as I hadn't realised the air switch we already have fitted from our previous one is a separate unit and not part of the Insinkerator itself, but it wasn't a problem as the air switch could be disabled on this new model and the old switch could still be used - but at least we now have the option of an alternative if our existing air switch ever breaks!
This product was a compromise with my wife as I wanted a huge TV in the kitchen, I wasn’t overly excited about having one but went along with it. It installed really easily and now I don’t know how we lived without it. It will eat almost anything and eliminates having food waste in your bins stopping any nasty smells and bacteria. I would recommend anyone thinking of buying one to purchase it. Excellent product!
The item was delivered fast.the insinkerator is very good to fir , I think it's good to view on Google , but all firings are great , but I suggest that you make a separate outlets, this will make it will much better Would buy again clear instructions how to use , air switch easy to fit and use ,
Had several of these over the years, they work well. First one with the push button which is easy to install either through a whole in the sink (some sinks come with a opposite side tap who cap that can be removed) or in the work surface if you want to drill a whole.
I've had insinkerators in all my kitchens and don't understand why everyone doesn't have one. There are no scraps and peelings to deal with and the bin doesn't smell. It was easy to install and is so quiet.