Insinkerator Waste Disposal Model 46
£86.58 (Inc. VAT)
The family home produces quite a lot of kitchen waste. Although some of it can be recycled, such as putting the waste into your garden compost, other waste is unrecyclable and must be disposed of in the bin. This includes waste like chicken bones, bread crusts and other kitchen scraps. You can quickly find that your kitchen bin fills up with this waste, leading to more trips to empty it and, ultimately, more waste ending up in the landfill.
The solution to this issue is to buy a kitchen waste disposal unit. This will cut unrecyclable waste down into fine particles that are then disposed of via your main drain. So there are no more constant trips to the outside bin, and the planet can breathe a little easier thanks to less waste in a landfill.
1 Stage Grind Process
This Insinkerator waste disposal unit features one stage of grinding. This process is where food is ground once before passing through drain pipes with water.
980ml Grind Chamber Capacity
No need to worry about overfilling your unit as you’re covered by the Overload Protection features which ensure you can only place a suitable amount of food waste into the chamber. Saying that you have a large 980ml capacity within the grind chamber, which is more than enough!
- Once inserted, food waste is ground down into fine particles before quickly being flushed away down your drain.
- Convenient and simple to use.
- Keeps clean and hygienic.
- Minimises waste produced in your home and reduces trips to the outside bin to empty your kitchen bin. This means you do less work and it’s also environmentally friendly as less waste ends up in landfills.
- Compact size, easily fitting under the kitchen sink without taking up too much valuable storage space.
- Simple installation process, can be fitted to most kitchen sinks and into both new and cold kitchen spaces.
- Covered by a 2-year manufacturer guarantee.
- Uses 1-stage grind technology to provide a fine grind.
- Powered by a high-torque Dura-Drive® induction motor for a powerful grind.
- Continuous feed model (operates via a wall switch, although an air switch accessory for the top of your sink is available at PWIN0006) with a standard grind chamber.
- Safe overload protection.
- Installation is faster and easier with a Quick Lock® mounting assembly.
Key technical information:
- Intermittent time rating.
- Upper and lower bearings are permanently lubricated.
- Approximate shipping weight: 7.7kg.
- Overall height: 318mm.
- Grind chamber capacity: 980ml.
- Average water usage: Approximately 4.0 litres per person per day.
- Average electrical usage: 3-4 KWH per year.
- Drain connection: 1-1/2” (38.1mm)
- Includes a dishwasher drain connection.
Insinkerator Waste Disposal Model 46 Video
£86.58 (Inc. VAT)
Prices last checked on 17/02/2020
All prices are inc VAT and include delivery charges
Price Guaranteed For
Item was larger than expected but it's incredibly powerful so that may explain why. Really good value and service from plumbworld despite courier delaying delivery plumbworld offered excellent customer service to get us back on track - thanks very much!
Easy enough to fit these as a replacement for the previous model, just check all dimensions are the same which mine were. Nothing special needed in the way of tools but there is one stage where an extra pair of hands is very useful for a couple of minutes. In all it took about an hour and cost around half what a local company was going to charge me - PLUS fitting! Quieter than previous model it replaced, too. All good experience of Plumbworld, ordering, packing and speedy delivery. Will definitely use again.
I would like to express my delight for the excellent Customer Service I have received when dealing with Plumbworld. It is refreshing to purchase an item online that meets expectations. I was kept informed at every stage of the dispatch and delivery process and the item was delivered in a timely and professional manner. It is quite sad that we have come to accept bad customer service when making purchases online and it has been a pleasure to deal with a company where the customer is made to feel in control.
Our 13 year-old Insinkerator had stopped working and our plumber advised that repair would be uneconomic, even if it were possible. I phoned Plumbworld for advice as to which model would be an exact replacement for the old one, which was no longer available, and a helpful lady was able to confirm which model would be suitable. I ordered it online from them and it was delivered in a few days and fitted by our plumber soon after. Job done with minimum of fuss!
This purchase was the third of these in 30 years, i.e. the previous two lasted about 15 years each. I had no hesitation in replacing the second one when it started becoming noisy, and tripping the RCD in the electrical distribution box in the house. Plumbworld offered the best price, and the delivery was quick as promised. The product was easy to fit and continues to make kitchen hygiene so much easier. Product and company thoroughly recommended.
Fitted well and easily - excellent working capacity and looking forward to 19 more years before replacing again!! Always have had Insinkerator Waste Disposers (4 house moves) since 1964. Always worked well. My replacement was due to me messing up with some heavy 'fibrous' - no complaints though. Delivery and price from plumbworld excellent. Will buy again from them.
The Insinkerator 46 comes with very straightforward installation instructions, making it an easy job for most DIY. If the existing pipe work needs adapting there are comprehensive accessories as well. Installation in a small space was made relatively easy by the size of the unit and clamp fittings. All in all a good product for fast and easy installation.
Excellent unit, not too loud and efficient. Fits easily and neatly under the sink and was easy to install. Supplied at a very competitive price and delivered on time. very satisfied.
This was a replacement for a previous model after years of service. The new one fitted onto the old fittings and only needed a small change to the outlet system.
This is the third one I have had over the past 30+ years, they work really well even on Chicken carcasses - saves smelly bins that are only emptied once a fortnight.
good equipment works well, if it lasts as long as my last one I will be more than happy, solid build, long working life, would recommend to anyone.