InSinkErator Kitchen Waste Disposal Unit Model 56
Kitchen waste disposal units are handy gadgets that can reduce the amount of waste that your kitchen produces on a weekly basis. InSinkErator have a sterling reputation for producing some of the best disposal units on the market today, and the Model 56 is no exception.
The Model 56 will break down unrecyclable kitchen waste – such as chicken bones and bread crusts – into tiny fine particles that are then quickly flushed away down your drain. The brilliant thing about this is that it means less kitchen waste going in your bin, which means less trips to empty it outside and less waste ending up in a landfill. So having a waste disposal unit is a great benefit both for you and the environment.
A huge benefit with the Model 56 is that it’s even quieter than other InSinkErator models, giving you all the benefits with less noise.
- A convenient and hygienic system.
- Grinds food down quickly and efficiently. The ground down particles are then flushed away into your drain system.
- Minimises trips to the outside bin to empty your kitchen bin.
- Environmentally friendly as less waste will end up in landfills.
- Its compact nature makes it simple to fit underneath your existing kitchen sink without taking up too much valuable storage space.
- Quick to install in new or existing kitchens. It will fit the majority of sinks.
- Covered by a 3-year manufacturer guarantee.
- Operated via a built-in air switch in chrome and brushed steel that can quickly be installed onto your kitchen sink.
- A removable sound baffle. This will reduce the amount of noise that your waste disposal unit makes.
- Operates with 1-stage grind technology to quickly break down kitchen waste.
- Continuous feed.
- Powered by a high-torque Dura-Drive® induction motor.
- Uses stainless steel grind elements for a long-lasting grind.
- Overload protection.
- Faster and easier installation with a Quick Lock® mounting assembly.
- Cast lugs.
- Manual reset motor overload protection.
Key technical information:
- Single phase motor.
- Intermittent time rating.
- The upper and lower bearings are coated with a permanent lubrication.
- Approximate shipping weight: 8.1kg.
- Overall height: 318mm.
- Grind chamber capacity: 980ml.
- Average water usage: Approximate 4.0 litres per person per day.
- Average electrical usage: 3-4 KWH per year.
- Drain connection: 1-1/2” (38.1mm).
- Includes a dishwasher drain connection.